Sunday, January 8, 2012

Any doctors out there?

I am a 15 year old Neuroblastoma survivor. I was diagnosed at nine months, but now I am perfectly healthy except for the tiny bit of scoliosis from where the tumor pressed on my spine. I am terrified that I will get cancer again. I know that anyone can - but I really don't think I could handle that. There are so many things in my life that I want to do. I want to help so many people. I want to see so many places. I don't want to be sick again. I asked my doctor about it and he said that cancer is unlikely because it is more of a hereditary cancer, and no woman in my family has ever had it. He also said that brain tumors are uncommon anyway and my risk for that is not high at all because I did not have radiation chemotherapy. He also told me that Leukemia is highly unlikely for me because usually people who develop that have never had cancer before. That reured me for a while, but now it's coming back to me again. I think about how I know I couldn't bear getting sick again. It would ruin everything. Do you think I'm worrying for nothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment