Monday, January 9, 2012

If it's right to let go of my marriage?

hi, i'm 37 yrs old, 9 yrs married. from the very start, my husband's elder sister never wanted my husband to get married for the reason, he was only 23 yrs old at that time, i'm 5 yrs older than my husband, also since their family is hard on money, if he gets married, he can no longer his family financially. his sister thought i am not good for her brother due to his brother just met me in a dancing club. his sister is a church person. know all of these, i told my husband to turn down the marriage proposal since i don't need this kind of chaotic family deal. but he gave me an urance, that he will take care of me and told me not to mind his family. the important is me and him. so i believed all his words. i married my husband, not because i'm inlove with him, but because, i'm worried about my age, for i was already 28 yrs old. also before i met my husband, i was on a relationship, that i got so hurt with that ex boyfriend of mine. the reason i dated my husband, it's because i want to forget what my ex have done to me. also i found my husband good. anyways 1 yr after we got married. and 2 yrs after the marriage i got pregnant. now we are 9 yrs married and i feel so deppressed and no longer happy and i can sense he feel the same too. we've talking about the divorce, but because of our child, who is 6 yrs old now, we decided not to pursue. but everyday i feel the unhapiness, there's no more respect, the love, the bond in our relationship. and i have notice, my son has the attitude, like when he is mad, he acts vilolent. i was thinking maybe because he witnessed us fighting with each other, yelling or screaming infront of him. a friend of mine said, it's not healthy for a kid to be in an environment, that parents is always fighting. i wanted to go to the marriage counselor, but i know it's just useless. i am willing to change, but i know my husband won't. i know him very well. he is now 32 yrs old, but he is not acting one, he is so dependent of me and i am tired of it. he is the youngest in the family and he is used to it's his elder sisters and bothers who always does things for him. he is not treating me as a wife, but as a mother to him. honestly i almost out of patience, i cannot do all the things for him forever, he will never grow. if i stick with this marriage, nothing will happen. i'm a woman, i need somebody who is responsible enough. i am really tire, i feel so helpless. i know marriage is not a bed of roses. i don't want to be miserable forever, i need my life back. i want if we part ways, i still want us to be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment